Join us for a movie premiere

What are you up to on Friday night? Because if you’re in the UK, this Friday (10 April) at 7pm, the premiere of Miss Fisher And The Crypt Of Tears is on Alibi. I honestly thought this one was going into cinemas, but I guess that was rendered impossible by the current situation. It sees the 20s lady ’tec heading to Egypt to unravel an ancient mystery – and presumably a modern one too; can you imagine Miss Fisher not tracking down a wrongdoer?

A couple of pals on Twitter and I are planning to dress up and watch the film because, well, what else is there to do? We might as well enjoy the premiere together! So I think I’ll be donning my black velvet tunic and opera-length pearls and mixing a few cocktails that evening. If you’re on Twitter I’m @crinolinerobot, though my account is locked at present as lockdown was stressing me out a bit and I thought the whole internet didn’t need to see my grumbles. I promise not to grumble during the movie, though (unless the music is very bad), so if you’re on there I’ll accept friend requests from vintage lovers.

Can't get Alibi? BBC2 is providing a treat for vintage lovers; some time around 2:30 each day this week they're showing a classic British comedy. Today (Tuesday) it's The Man In The White Suit, and my favourite one of the week is on Friday, The Lavender Hill Mob. Next week it's a bit different with a number of Hollywood historical epics, but Thursday 16th is Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines.
Will you be watching Miss Fisher on Friday?

Comments

  1. I might watch it - the clothes have me drooling!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, Mim! I too was looking forward to seeing this at the cinema but as you say I guess that was never going to happen in the current climate. A disappointment, as I'm rather a fan of the series and had heard good things about it ("Romancing The Stone meets Indiana Jones", according to one review). I'm pleased to hear that Alibi have picked it up, though. Unfortunately I don't have access to that channel and can't afford to pay the £6 per month that TalkTalk want for them to provide it as part of a bundle so I guess I'll just have to wait for it to either come out on DVD (4th May, I hear) or on Drama (have you been watching the Ms Fisher's Modern Murder Mysteries on that channel - it strikes me as being right up your street?). I might still join you on Friday with my DVD box set of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, though - I've been watching them on and off too lately as it happens, so it would be a welcome excuse to pick up where I left off again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to dress up appropriately for Miss Fisher's premiere! And thanks for the BBC 2 tip, as we can watch it here in Belgium. I'll literally save that tip for a rainy day :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have Alibi. That sounds like an absolute blast, though, just when you need something decent to watch. Do dress up and show us!
    Thanks for the film recommendations. Funnily enough "Those magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines" was a category on Pointless earler in the week, Jon would have won £3000 if he'd been on it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen one of the Miss Fisher mysteries on TV, and would love to see more, but they are very rare here! Her outfits look smashing! Post a pic of yourself in your outfit, Mim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. woww, Miss Fisher!, I've watched 2 seasons and I'm hooked on her fabulousness. All those kimonos and Hats!.
    I'd love to watch this movie, but I'll have to wait.
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I don't get Alibi! A shame, as I'd like to watch this film. The show is one of the only programmes I don't mind watching that uses a lot of artistic licence with costumes etc. I wonder if your second viewing will improve your opinion!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts