The Delayed Gatsby

It's no good getting huffy,
you'll just have to wait!
If you’ve been standing on the edge of the dock, looking at the light across the water… well, you’ll just have to be your own Gatsby a while longer, as Warner Bros have announced the release of the Baz Luhrmann film version of The Great Gatsby has been delayed until next summer. The summer release makes sense to me, in a way: the story takes place then, and I certainly always picture it as hot, everything somehow overexposed by brilliant sunshine by day and followed by humid, unreal nights.

 I have to confess, my main thought on hearing this was, ‘Drat, I was hoping for a pile of 1920s-influenced clothes to come into the shops and now I’ll have to wait.’ The trailer for the film left me feeling rather cold, but then I really love 1920s music and felt it was a shame the trailer had a modern soundtrack, although that is characteristically Luhrmann.

In the meantime, I am seriously hankering after a set of 20s-style beach pyjamas from Time Machine Vintage on Etsy, but I'm trying not to shop for a bit. Nnnnnngh! DO WANT!

Comments

  1. oh no! Hope Baz doesn't ruin it! I don't trust him not to fiddle with it. Just had a peek at the trailer and it looks all style no substance

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts