Making plans

I haven't posted much this week because I'm back at work and on print deadline, but I have been making plans – and making things.

I've started work on another 1960s beret because my mum liked my one so much. This one is in slightly different colours, but still using wool yarns. Knits like this are a great way to use up odd balls of DK.

Still on the knitting front, I'm planning to make the 'Jersey with a soft bow' from A Stitch In Time to wear to Waltz on the Wye. I have finally found a style inspiration and it's Nicole Kidman as Mrs Coulter in The Golden Compass. I won't be copying any of her outfits, more the spirit of them, and for that reason I'm planning to make the jumper in a very pale gold silk-rich yarn, Fyberspates Scrumptious. Susan says I should use the laceweight rather than the 4ply for it, which means I should get the whole jumper out of two skeins – that's less than £30 for the whole thing. I'm going to start it soon because I'm a sloooooow knitter.

Bought two fab brooches yesterday. Look out for photos this weekend! At least I'm sticking to one of my resolutions…

Comments

Popular Posts