Good news! [books]

One of my favourite books of all time, and definitely my favourite 'alternate reality' novel, Anno Dracula, has been rereleased. I bought a copy for my friend Kai. (I am a terrible pusher, I've hooked at least four people on Jim Butcher's Harry Dresden novels, which are modern ripping yarns but I feel it would be stretching things too much to review them here as there's no historic aspect.) The front of the new reprint states that ther following books – The Bloody Red Baron and Dracula Cha-Cha-Cha – are going to be out soon and so is Johnny Alucard!

When I stalked… I mean, talked to Kim Newman at a showing of the Hammer film Dracula 1972AD in Bath a couple of years back, I asked about Johnny Alucard, which he'd been writing for getting on for a decade. (It seemed appropriate as one of the characters in Dracula 1972AD is called Johnny Alucard. He said it still wasn't finished. But is it now? Could it be? The other two books are set during the First World War and in 1950s Rome (reviews to come, 'cos you deserve them and I fancy rereading the books); I'm expecting the next one to be set in the 1960s or 1970s and have been looking forward to it for years. Literally years.

Anyway, next time you're in your local bookshop, do take a look at Anno Dracula. You just might want to buy a copy.

Comments

  1. I bought it a few weeks ago because I remembered you saying it was favourite - I've nearly finished it now and have thoroughly enjoyed it!

    According to the info in the back of the book, Johnny Alucard is set in 1976 in New York and Hollywood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best pusher ever ;>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, ta for the info, Helen. I'm really glad you're enjoying it, too. I love trying to spot obscure characters from other books in it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts