Why I was a rubbish blogger in April

The reason April's posts weren't as frequent as I'd have liked is that I was reviewing a bunch of films for the new SFX special, which I'm pretty sure is out today, although I can't find it mentioned online yet. However, Rhian at The Crafty Geek has her copy already, so it's definitely imminent.

I don't normally talk about work on the Robot, but the special lists the 100 greatest SF/fantasy films of all time, as voted for by readers, and there's a really good spread from silent films to the present day. Of the five I did, three were from the 1930s, one from the 1980s but set in the 1930s, and one more modern but with a distinct noir feel. I didn't get to do any of the silent films. (Note use of word 'any'. Yes, there was more than Metropolis in there!)

I can tell you right now that I don't know what film came top. All of the reviewers were given word counts for the films they were doing, which is a rough indication of how the films ranked, but we never saw the overall list of rankings. My bet for top 3 is probably going to be 3: Blade Runner 2: Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring 1: Star Wars: A New Hope (I had trouble deciding between Blade Runner and Alien for number 3 when doing those ratings, but if both aren't in the top 10 I'll be extremely surprised.)

My favourite of the films I reviewed? Raiders of the Lost Ark. It's one of those films where just hearing the theme tune makes me feel happy and excited. But if you want to know any more of my thoughts on the matter, the truth is out there...

Comments

  1. Ooh, I want to tell you who's top, but best not put it online yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no way I could choose just one favourite film, I just love sci-fi, fantasy and action films. X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts