Yesterday, shoes happened

It is spring, and that means my inevitable bleating on about being unable to find shoes.

BUT WAIT! I HAVE SHOES!



I had a patchy year with shoes last year; one pair I mail ordered were too large (bizarrely, the other pair in the same size from the same firm were just fine), and my last pair from Hotter were appallingly bad quality - seriously, the rubber bit on the bottom of the heel fell off after a fortnight, and the leather wasn't even faintly water-resistant, so I spent a lot of time with damp feet and trying to polish out white salt marks when the shoes were dried.

After all that, I decided to try some different firms, and yesterday popped into Hush Puppies. They had a couple of pairs with a 1920s/1930s-looking heel, including these ones. The style is called Freya, and you can only buy it in red online, but they also had brown and navy in the shops, and the assistant said last year they had it in lots of other colourways, so she was hoping for cream again this summer. I guess the lesson there is, drop into the shop if you can as they might have even more choice! I really loved the little heart cut-outs, and I thought they would look great with colourful tights.

The other style I liked was Lonna; if I like these I might pop back in a few months for a pair of those – I'm hoping for a more summery choice of colours later in the year.

That isn't my carpet, by the way, it's work's. This is what happens when you get moved into an area previously occupied by games magazines...

Comments

  1. Ooh, these are really nice. I might have to check them out - I similarly moan about my lack of shoes throughout the spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're planning to get more brands in the shop - the Bath branch is going to be rebranding as 'Wolverine' (?!) and most of the other brands are more active ones, like Keds, Cat and Sebago. Still, any brand can turn up a winner every once in a while...

      Delete
  2. They look really nice!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shoes, great shape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a wonderful pair of Hush Puppies that are my funeral/wedding and interview shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been eyeing up the red ones for ages! I like the Lonna too, but don't come in wide. Although I do have a pair of their Veneta...I think...ages ago, got the size six which was looser than my usual fives and the straps and an insole allowed me to wear them ok. The fives pinched across the toes, as per bl**dy usual.
    Very easy to balance on and walk in.
    Curse my broad toe area! Although...whisper it, old lady catalogue!...J D Williams sometimes have H P's in the wide fitting.
    That's pretty poor about Hotter, they aren't cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was annoyed about Hotter, and their customer service was appalling - they didn't bother to reply to my email until I grizzled on Twitter, then didn't seem to think it was much of a problem.

      These shoes have very rounded toes, so they might be fine for you - I've got wide feet, and these don't pinch.

      Delete
  6. I too have seen these before and pondered over them. Different colour ways would be great for Spring and Summer, let's hope they bring back the cream ones. Loving the heart cut-outs! P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to be going back into the shop at some point over the summer, so I'll let you know if I see any other options.

      Delete
  7. These are so pretty, I love the heart cut outs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure if they weren't a bit girly for me, but I'm trying to get away from wearing plainish shoes virtually all the time... the accessories need to do some 'heavy lifting' in my outfits!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts