Finished, not photographed
Despite Ziggy's halp, I have actually finished a couple of garment projects – I finally got my act together and sewed up my 1960s knitted bolero and did the last bits on my Victorian-lingerie-inspired scrap project. I finished knitting the pieces of the bolero literally years ago, but I always get the fear when it comes to the making-up stage of my knitting. You don't know how bad it is till it's finished, so if it's never finished, it can never be bad! The bolero actually turned out rather nicely, but my style's shifted a bit and I'm not sure I have anything to wear it with now. It's silver-grey and 60s and a lot of what I'm wearing at the mo hearkens back to what I wore in the ’90s – 'whimsigoth' the Young People call it, though we never did – but I'm sure I've got something that the bolero will work with. Or I'll just wear it round the house with things it doesn't work with.
Anyway, I have not photographed either yet, so there's a project post coming at some point. The fencing man is here again today putting the pergola in, so that ought to make a nice backdrop. The poor garden really has got scorched over the summer, especially that part, so here's hoping the shade helps in future, as well as giving me a nice selfie location.
I've finally got around to doing a bit more painting. I had it on my list of goals for the year (like resolutions, but fun, and I don't have to do them, they're just to remind me to take time to do the things I've been wishing I could do). I work from home, but many of my lunchtimes are used for practical things, like picking stuff up from the shops or doing the ironing. I used to go out for a walk in many lunchbreaks, but it's been too hot, plus I've been able to step up my gym attendance since the doc raised my thyroid meds earlier in the year so I'm getting exercise in elsewhere. I'm trying to use at least one lunchbreak a week for creative things. Are my paintings good? Not really. But they're getting better, and they're fun to do. At the moment I'm just working from a photo I found on Pinterest, but for my next one I might dig out one of the books we made from our own travel photos and copy that instead.


Comments
Post a Comment