Ho ho... who's this?

A redheaded white woman in a bright red jumper and emerald green cord trousers.

Merry Christmas! I may have been a rubbish blogger of late, but I wasn't going to let the season pass without wishing you well. (Even when I don't get round to coming online, I think of all my blogging friends loads, and hope you're all thriving.) Anyway, here I am in an impromptu elf outfit, which I wore for my last working day. I've had this jumper for over 30 years, and the friend of my mum who made it for me passed away a couple of years ago, so it always reminds me of her kindness. When it's really cold, I wear it over my pyjamas in bed – yes, it was very cosy in the snowy weather.
Some stuffed toys, including a reindeer and a snowman, sitting on a mantlepiece surrounded by Christmas cards.

I got through Christmas deadline hell relatively easily this year, which was nice, and because we visited mum at the farm in late November I got all the Norfolkers' presents ready to drop off then, so December's been a fairly relaxed month. (On the subject of November things, I got my dad a Storyworth subscription for his birthday after seeing Sheila get one for her mom, and he loves it. I set personalised questions up to February, and he's gone in and answered them all already.)

We were supposed to be going to see the Fields Of The Nephilim in concert the day after my final deadline (a Saturday) but unfortunately train strikes were announced for that day. There's only one coach a day between Trow and London, and it's at silly times and takes about five hours, so I cancelled the hotel. I'd got the tickets through Ticketmaster – I've got the app – and they allow resales through their app (though not for profit; it's for people who genuinely can't go and don't want to lose the money). I was able to resell both tickets, so while I'd rather have had the experience, at least I didn't lose a load of cash. Needless to say, I support the strikers. I'm a union member myself (NUJ; as a subeditor I'm classed as a production journalist) and many of the rights workers have were only granted as a result of union action. I support my fellow workers and won't cross a picket line. 

A red panda, dressed as a fairy, sitting on top of a Christmas tree.
Anyway, I don't really have much in the way of news. I'm just pottering along as normal. But it's nice! I hope you have a wonderful rest of 2022 too.

Comments

  1. Good for you not crossing a picket line! I always wonder what's wrong with people that do.
    Hope you have a lovely holiday and sending you the best for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you made it through Christmas deadline hell so that you can now relax and enjoy the holidays. Just googled Storyworth, I think my Dad would have loved it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a shame about the gig but good on you for supporting the strikers and getting your money back on the tickets. The elf outfit is brilliant. I don't think I've seen you in red before but it really suits you. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts