I went to London and all I got was this lousy virus

A jacket sold in the 1960s by the boutique Granny Takes A Trip. It is made from fabric in the William Morris 'Golden Lily' pattern. It stands on a mannequin in front of a photo of Beatle George Harrison in an identical jacket.

Yeaaaah so... I was quiet for the whole of February, which was entirely my fault. Then we went to London for my birthday, which was brilliant, only despite masking on the tube and in museums we caught the 'rona, which is not at all brilliant.

So, normal service (ie rubbish) will resume soon. For now, have one (1) photo from Beautiful People: The Boutique In 1960s Counterculture, the exhibition we went to London to see. 

And if you think you've just got a cold, even if you test negative at first, if you're able to please do the people around you a favour and stay home for a couple of days until you're completely sure. We got pinged by the covid tracker app seven or eight times between getting home Monday afternoon and Tuesday night, so even though I thought I only had a cold, I didn't go into the office on Wednesday, I worked from home instead and we got supermarket deliveries. Pete tested positive on Thursday, and things only turned really nasty for me on the Saturday night. That's three days when I could've been cheerfully breathing covid all over trains, my office, my fellow commuters and my workmates. 

Stay safe, and do avoid getting this if you can because it's awful.

Comments

  1. Happy belated birthday to you, Mim! I'd love to see that exhibition. I'm sorry that you've both come down with the dreaded lurgy and hope you're feeling more normal soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have plenty of photos to share - I think I know which bits you'll like best, though you might surprise me. As I was walking around there were a few displays, such as the Thea Porter, that made me think "I could see Vix in this."

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear you and Pete caught the 'rona after having had such a brilliant weekend in London. I do hope you'll both feel better soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're getting there, but I am going to go back to being VERY careful because I do not want this again. At least we had a fab trip beforehand - it'd be far more annoying if I'd caught it on the regular commute.

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry you both caught it. I hope it goes quickly and without any lingering illness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be taking its time to go but - touch wood - I'm hoping we'll be fine long-term. Neither of us lost smell or taste beyond the usual level it would have been dulled by a heavy cold, and while we're both still low on energy, it's not dissimilar to how flu can leave me so I'm hoping it'll sort itself within a couple of weeks. VERY glad we had been fully vaccinate though, and I'm going to be extra-careful to mask up and avoid crowds where possible in future.

      Delete
  4. Oh no! I'm so sorry you caught COVID. I've managed to avoid it so far, but our mask restrictions are just being lifted tomorrow/Friday.

    I love that groovy jacket - my husband would wear that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Granny Takes A Trip seems to have liked that print (or possibly just bought a bolt of the stuff) because in the display dedicated to that boutique there was also a miniskirt made in it. I did very much like the menswear at the exhibition.

      Delete
    2. What a bummer to get covid. I hope you both make a full recovery. The exhibition looked fab. Happy belated birthday greetings.
      xxx

      Delete
  5. Sorry that you caught it, hope you feel better soon. Great advice on being careful and staying at home when having even a cold symptoms, I'm worried that my coworkers are not that careful so try to keep away from them! (asocial as I am!)
    Love that jacket!, the exhibitions looks really appealing!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great exhibition - #fuckincolorful !

      I'm at the point where if I'm even a little bit ill, I'm working from home. It's better for me, better for my teams... i'm just fortunate I'm able to do it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts